I’m a highly motivated, creative and passionate leader, driven by the creation and exceptional execution of winning ideas. From conception to realisation, I have over 15 years of branded content creation, marketing & producing experience across digital, social, radio, tv and events.
From the moment an idea is sparked to implementation, I have a proven track record of influencing successful outcomes with key stakeholders alongside building & leading strong teams. With extensive experience in digital campaigns, I continually research new concepts, inspire others to stay ahead of the curve and pursue projects that challenge.
Content & Marketing Director
October 2016 - Present
Helping publishers, brands and influencers produce, host, share, analyse & monetise audio on demand content.
Group Ideas Director
October 2015 - September 2016
ENSEMBLE is a non traditional creative agency. A bunch of not-so-advertising people bent on one thing - creating communications, experiences and products that people actually choose to engage with. We call them Opt-In™ ideas.
• Overseeing the creation and curation of non-traditional, strategically relevant ideas, that solve client challenges and get people talking.
• Develop, guide & inspire individuals within the Ideas and Strategy Unit alongside relevant craft experts inputting into specific responses.
• Clients include Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Bunnings, Bupa, Coles, KFC, Industry Super Funds, Nestle, NSW Government, Officeworks, RACWA, Roadshow, Simplot and TAC.
Startup Marketing Advisor
November 2015 - Present
Clover.com.au is Australia's most advanced automated investment service for web and mobile. We help Australians better grow and manage their wealth through smart technology.
Created by a team of investment professionals, academics and technologists, Clover.com.au is investing re-imagined; personalised, human-centered and transparent.
National Creative Strategy Director
April 2014 - October 2015
• Leading the conceptualisation & development of non-traditional, strategically relevant concepts, that solve client challenges and get people talking.
• Develop, guide & motivate individuals within the Creative Strategy Unit alongside relevant craft experts inputting into specific responses.
• Clients include Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Bunnings, Coles, iiNet, Industry Super Funds, Officeworks, Roadshow and Target.
Southern Cross Austereo
Response & Activation Director (Sydney & Melbourne)
May 2013 - Mar 2014
• Maximise revenue and audience engagement by overseeing the development and activation of cutting edge client solutions, including branded content creation that engages and entertains across traditional, digital, social and experiential platforms.
• Work alongside Content, Sales and Digital to conceptualise and realise ground breaking ideas, regardless of scale or platform.
• Provide strategic leadership, motivation, growth and development for 14 Response & Activation specialists.
Southern Cross Austereo
Head Of Response & Activation (Melbourne)
Aug 2010 - Apr 2013
• Create, develop and oversee integrated client responses across the Melbourne business unit that maximise revenue and ratings.
• Lead a team of 6 while also responding and activating integrated client campaigns of scale.
• Facilitate brainstorms and negotiations with key stakeholders, influencing outcomes as required.
Creative Solutions Director
Jan 2009 - Jul 2010
• Conceptualise and develop integrated client responses that compliment and magnify our clients and content strategies.
• Develop audio and visual packaging to demonstrate concepts.
Fifi Box Show Producer
Apr 2009 - May 2010
The Fifi Box Show aired nationally across the Today Network each Saturday from 10am-12pm. Together with Fifi, I headed up the production team while sourcing both content and celebrity co-hosts each week.
Total Rugby Narrator
Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
Total Rugby is a weekly TV magazine show made for the International Rugby Board that's broadcast to over 130 countries.
Across the 2008 series I was the co-narrator on the show.
Commercial Programme Controller
Oct 2006 - Dec 2008
• Oversee, approve and create all promotional & sponsorship content.
• Work closely with sales, programming & online to ensure client activity achieves both client and programming objectives.
• Coordinate and facilitate brainstorms with programming teams.
Breakfast Producer, Promotions Manager, Announcer
Dec 2001 - Dec 2005
Initially I hosted the late night show at Nova, however soon after I hosted the "Nova 19's" each weeknight from 6pm - 10pm.
After interviewing the likes of Justin Timberlake, Beyonce Knowles, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Paris Hilton I moved behind the scenes and became the Promotions Manager of Programming, creating and delivering unique and irreverent survey promotions, stunts, events and contests for the 16 – 35 year-old market.
In my final year at Nova I produced the weekday breakfast show (Hughesy, Kate & Dave), helping to make it the number one FM show in Melbourne. This involved managing the station’s highest profile talent, sourcing content, producing segments, organizing interviews and ensuring that breakfast content permeated all aspects of the station.
Feb 2001 - Nov 2001
Corey was part of the original Nova 96.9 lineup hosting the 10pm - 1am shift.
Australian Radio Network
Announcer - The Captain Turntable Show
1999 - 2001
Corey was part of the TTFM on-air lineup hosting the 10pm - 1am shift and regularly filling in for the night show.
Announcer - The Captain Turntable Show
1993 - 1997
Where it all began!
The goal of Roadtrip Forever was to cut through young people’s familiarity with traditional marketing campaigns, by inviting them to engage in realistic and relatable content, designed to highlight the consequences of dangerous driving. In an Australian first, Facebook integration was used to place the viewer and their best friend at the heart of the action, ensuring the impact was significant.
Kyle & Jackie O's
Cruze Car Chase
Development & Activation
Designed to promote the Series II Holden Cruze, this interactive promotion generated a huge impact across the streets of Sydney, with almost 30,000 downloads of the app in two weeks. The promotion saw a virtual car travel through Sydney’s suburbs across two weeks giving listeners the chance to win the car and $10,000 cash. The ultimate interactive was promoted throughout breakfast, workdays and weekends.
Band In Your Hand
With the goal of raising funds from the sale of t-shirts for youth depression, we partnered Cotton On with The Temper Trap to build a unique and exclusive opportunity for consumers. As a thank you for every purchase, customers were awarded with a unique postcard which granted exclusive access to see the Temper Trap like never before... in Augmented Reality.
Communication and Media Studies, Media Arts 1998 - 2002
Deakin University is one of Australia's new generation of universities.
Mount Scopus College
1982 - 1997
Describe your study experience in a few sentences
Facebook for Good Winner
Roadtrip Forever (2014)
APAC Branded Content & Entertainment Awards
Best Integration - Silver (2013)
Best Interactive - Silver (2013)
Interactive Advertising Bureau Awards
Roadtrip Forever - Public Service Finalist (2013)
Best Multimedia Execution - ACRA Awards
Holden: Kyle & Jackie O's Cruze Car Chase (2012)
Best Multimedia Execution - �ACRA AWARDS
Cotton On: Band In Your Hand (2011)
Overall Individual Winner (2011)